Thursday, March 5, 2009

Started Cyclo-Club 4week Climbing Plan...

This sinus thing has really put me down but, today I was feeling about 85% so I decided to start the training plan that will take me up to two weeks before my first long road race this year. I felt it was an appropriate training plan mainly because my climbing fitness is my biggest weakness. Last year, I saw that I could keep up a pretty fast past for 15 miles (finished a training crit at just over 26mph average), as well as I did a 5hr 50 minute century with a few nice climbs.

Today started off with a Zone 1 30min warm up, which I did some breathing work and two 150rpm 20 second spins just to get my hr up. I tend to take awhile to get my hr up if I dont push a few hard efforts at least in a half hour warm up. Then came the Body weight work my favorit (in a sadist sort of way) hindu squats got up to my new level of 175, I did stop once at 120 and then again to steady my self at 160 but I am happy with it my form was good and I felt it. Though in retrospect if I would have known that the Cyclo-Core Functional Resistance work out was going to start out with squats with dumbells. All in all for coming off a week of being sick, I felt good and felt strong, I was worried about pushing it and having an adverse affect but I did read and I know that sometimes we don't give our bodies enough credit when it comes to making gains and go to easy.

I have a 15km crit (training race) that I am doing on Sunday, need to get use to bumping elbows and holding my line again in a pack. I feel great my nutrition is in line and where I feel it should be, my left knee still has some flexibility issues but doing the pigeon stretch today I actually got my left side to touch the floor for most of the stretch and boy did it feel great. Well, off to refuel (drinking my recoverite as I type), and spend time with my son who was doing his versions of the stretches with me (he is sick too).

Harvey

Gunnadropya

No comments:

Post a Comment