Monday, March 2, 2009

Life is training....

Its funny how life is (IMHO) the best of all training for mental toughness and adaptation. I had a pretty cool program set up with the in season plan modified to my needs. Well, one thing after another came up and I have not even been able to get started let alone get on track. Well, I was fustrated as heck and a bit down about it. I have a moster race coming in 6 weeks or so and I am not even started in a training program to get ready. Life just happens so I adapted. First, needed to get my girls room done so that when the new baby comes (a few weeks) we are ready. Got that together with a contractor then yesterday I came down with something and feel like crap, so I dont want to push it and make my immune system to weak and spend time training with little or reverse results. Well, I look at all the training in the club and all that I am learning and realize I can adapt and over come (I'm not a marine:) ) So, I have devised a new plan (4week climb, 1 week active recovery, 1 week peak, then 1 race week) and I know if I have to I can even adjust that. Oh, did I mention that it snowed today too.... :)

gun

No comments:

Post a Comment