Sunday, March 8, 2009

Anticipation

Yesterday was a day off, as per the plan only doing fix the back stretching routine (Cyclo Zen) I also did some hypoxic breathing from Cyclo Secrets. Its now 7:21am morning of the first race of the year. Its kinda like Christmas morning for me, you know that anticipation of what is waiting under the tree if what you asked for is really going to be there. I am wondering if all the hard work (also thinking did I work hard enough) will pay off have I achieved what I set out to achieve? Are my gains physically as well as mentally going to show? Is my fueling plan going to work on race day, a day unlike a normal group ride (even a fast one) or training session. The intensity and draw on ones energy is much much higher, the demand is greater on the fires that fuel the body. Sure, its only a training race (actually going to do two races today) but what is it going to show me, "that I have been spinning my wheels" or "that I am on target and just need to keep up the good work". These are some of what is going on in my head.

I am not a professional, barely an armature but very competitive in nature and would like to work into some of the higher levels of the Masters Circuit. I know this may seem a bit, "unrealistic" but I don't think like that, I don't see myself racing in the Tour but hey stranger things have happened, remember the movie "Rudy" if you want something bad enough it may happen, but what is most important is that if you want it and you do all that can do and still do not achieve it, that deep inside you know you did all that you can do and are satisfied with your effort.

This may a bit of thinking for so early in the morning of an every day cyclist life, but with out dreams there is no chance of reality, at least that's what I think. Well, off to my morning meal small but enough to top off those glycogen stores, and then load up and get ready to bump elbows.

Harvey

Gunnadropya

No comments:

Post a Comment