Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tour of The Catskills

Well, its come and gone kinda an anti climax. It was a very tough event, but I was well prepared and did well (though my placement may not reflect it). I actually chased the pack down on day two after getting dropped on the first KOM, and for anyone that hasn't had the opprotunity to try and chase down the group for several miles its an experience.

The climbs were long and steady, some close to 7+ miles in length and with varing degrees of gradient from 4% up 19-20%. My results would have been a bit better had it not been for a few things out of my control like the detour due to a traffic accident and me getting stuck at a traffic light for nearly 3 minutes watching as the pack faded away. But overall it was a great experience, and an excellent moral booster to see my progress. I may do one more race this year or a charity metric century at the very least.

As for training, I am slowed down actually off the bike or anything else for at least a full week. Then its into a transition time to start some weight training and begin getting stronger and working on my weaknesses and limiters for next year. Its going to be interesting to say the least

gun

No comments:

Post a Comment