Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Final shake down

Went out today for an hour, my goal was one to two hours but I felt great so I shut it down and went home. Did a few efforts but mainly stayed in my Z1 HR. One thing I did notice is that on a steep short climb I got my hr up to 179 and it came back down to 122 pretty quick I was very happy with that, and I have done this hill before its like 24% grade but only about 100-150 yards in length, I definitely felt stronger on it. Did a few short sprints starting out shifting up then an all out 10 second effort. Still need to work on my sprint, have gotten better on my jump (starting with either leg), but the all out effort I still feel a bit off the mark but that will come with time.

Still working on recovery, actually getting a half session massage today not sure if I am going to go for the neuro musc/ myofacial release or deep tissue will talk to the therapist and she what she thinks she is good. That is one thing I wish I could do more often, will have to try and work that into my next years race budget.

Things went well, of course there are things I found that I need to work on but that is good. Now I just need to race smart and give it all I have.

Gunna be a good time.

Harv

No comments:

Post a Comment