Sunday, September 6, 2009

C Race today

Well the race went to crap the first lap but not due to fitness. I did feel a bit tired but that is to be expected, with my not tapering to this race (a C race I would rate it). Myself and two team mates were up front setting the pace, I was feeling good, I was moving through the peleton with ease, and did not even faulter on the small climbs that this course had, but then on the long climb I was taking my turn at the front, and my chain came off on the steeper part of it, I got it back on with out stopping but dropped back a bit before I did. I held on to the back third till it came off again before we finished the climb and ended up off the back some. My one team mate and I (who flatted) worked for a bit but were unable to reel the group back in. He abandoned but I stayed in for another lap, first to get in some miles but to also see what happened, my speed was picking up about 2/10ths a mph every lap so I figured I would stay in for a bit and just hammer it. Hey the only difference from being off the front and the back are position it actually takes the same kind of work to be by yourself in either position,(I would rather be off the front anytime) no one to draft off of or work with so I hung in. The total race was 60 miles I did 47 in just over 2hrs 20 minutes. I am happy with that and I learned a few things, first I still get too excited and want to go and run for it. I need to learn to sit in more, but hey I have fun doing it....My one teamate got 6th and the other worked his butt off for him so it was a good day. Two weeks and I am by myself in NY for the tour of the catskills I will be more rested for that.
gun

No comments:

Post a Comment