Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First road race of the year "Fawn Grove Roubaix"

Fitness wise I was pretty good not exactly where I wanted to be but much improved. The race its self was very tough the the dirt roads which made up about 1/3 of the race was covered with loose gravel not all small either. I was told after the race that some of the local farmers thinking they were helping went out and graded the dirt roads. Well, that actually made handling even more horrendious. I finshed 37 out of 63 or so, and only 39 of the 63 starters in my 4/5 group finished the race. There was a crash in the first turn that I avoided by continuing down the road straight I then had to turn around go back up hill to the turn and get back on the course but was able to finish the a race on two wheels and no flats. One guy had three flats in 5 miles. For me the course was a little to technical, I just had to many things to think about, but it was a race for me to get ready for the Battenkill Roubaix; and that it definitly did. I was happy with my effort the rest of the race, I even made up 12 minutes to catch and pass the two riders that finished 38 and 39th.

Gun

Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment