Monday, May 3, 2010

Another week..

Did two races this weekend, unfortunately I DNF'd in both. First race was Saturday the Wayne Elliot Memorial Circuit race. The race was going well I actually just finished a pull at the front working with Jamey when I was forced over the yellow line just enough to catch a deep hole, that not only caused me to flat the rear but ejected my water bottle. I managed to get a new wheel on but the race was fast and just could not catch back on myself. That is the downside to these faster races, the peleton rarely breaks into groups, more times than not you just end up with dropped riders, which makes it hard to make up time on a group.

Sunday was the Scarborough crit series, again felt good fitness but made a mental error. I just went to the back of the peleton to get a drink and feed, did not go to the back by choice just not many places to get back in safely. Anyhow, as I was placing my bottle back in the cage I heard all the shifting and knew there was going to be an acceleration, I popped my head up and the peleton was going but the four guys in front of me were just sitting there, and by the time I got around them it was too late, there was no way I was catching back on. On the back stretch of the course we were hitting 32mph, and again by ones self this is nearly impossible to catch back on. I could have taken a free lap but then I could not be in contention or try for the win (which is never easy anyhow), and I was frustrated cause I thought those four riders were just cooling down on the course, but I did find out later that they were in the B race and just sat in for some laps. So, I learned I need to pay better attention, and be ready for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment